Training & Education
Closing the Skills Gap
Current research suggests over the next decade, there will be an immense gap between the skills workers employees currently have and those they will need to help their employers succeed. A Study by Korn Ferry suggests in the Technology, Media and Telecommunications sector alone, U.S. companies will have unrealized output of more than $162 billion between now and 2030 as a result of the shortage of skilled labor. At the same time, a recent survey by Deloitte found 70% of employees and 60% of company executives are dissatisfied with the investment in professional development, and only 41% of workers believe they have the skills to thrive.
Of workers believe they have the skills to thrive
Let's Get to Work
Create an Employee Development Culture
Assess Your Skills Gap
The best way to understand where employees need help adopting and maximizing the use of technology is to conduct a skills assessment.
- Determine areas for immediate and long-term employee development
- Identify current technologies being underutilized
- Create a roadmap for education and training
Synergy's IT Advisors have the tools and experience to assess your current technological skills gap and provide recommendations on how to narrow it.
Define Your Training Needs
So you have identified areas for development. Now what? Establish the resources you are prepared to commit to developing your team(s).
- Determine how much time you will commit to employee training.
- Create a training budget
- Identify who is eligible
Synergy's experts can guide your team through the process of building a training program.
Choose Your Approach
There are a multitude of approaches available to build you team's skills. Figure out which ones are right for you and how to you engage your team.
- Choose your delivery mechanism - In-person, virtual, hybrid etc.
- Pick your method - self-paced, instructor led, on-the-job, etc.
- Determine your post-training assessment needs.
Synergy can recommend approaches based on the subject matter and content depth.
Create Opportunities to Socialize Learning Experiences
Social engagement has become part of the fabric of our lives. Work-based education and training programs should take advantage by creating opportunities to socialize the learning experience.
- Opportunities for team members to share what they learned
- Facilitation of online collaboration and learning communities
- Encouragement to rate or up-vote training experiences
Synergy can help you develop the strategy and structure to provide opportunities for socialization.
Get Your 100% Free, No Obligation Initial Consultation
Your pain? We understand. This is why we do what we do, and can provide you with an experience like no other.