Service Desk Analyst I
These positions have varied schedules that may include afternoon or evening shifts and weekends.
Job Summary: Service Desk Analyst I provides effective diagnostic evaluation of end-user customer needs and in all cases uses good judgment and timeliness in responding to and resolving each issue or complaint to the customers’ satisfaction. Resolution includes but is not limited to the following: Identify, research, and resolve technical problems, timely response to telephone calls and email requests for technical support. This position also requires accurate documentation and tracking, and monitoring the problem to ensure a timely resolution. Analyst I takes the initial inquiries via phone or email and troubleshoots relatively simple hardware, software or network problems. Responsibilities are to service phone and email requests to exceed customer expectations and to recognize and escalate more difficult problems to Service Desk Analyst II.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Duties:
- Responds to requests for technical assistance via phone or electronically
- Diagnoses and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Researches questions using available information resources
- Advises users on appropriate action
- Adheres to help desk metrics
- Follows standard help desk procedures
- Logs all help desk interactions
- Proactive trend analysis to enhance the customer experience or gain efficiencies
- Identifies, redirects problems and escalates urgent situations to appropriate resource
- Tracks and routes problems and requests and document resolutions
- Stays current with system information, changes and updates
This list of duties and responsibilities is not meant to be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management deems necessary.
Technology & Skill Requirements:
- 2 years of experience in a Help Desk environment
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment
- Logical, analytical, technical trouble shooting skills
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Display a sense of urgency
- A+ and Network + certifications preferred
- Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of office equipment
- Ability to speak to and hear customers and/or other employees via phone or in person
General office environment
- Strong technical background. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, information systems, engineering, related field or a combination of education and relevant equivalent experience.
Apply to Position