Field Service Engineer
Mon - Fri, 8 AM to 5 PM
If you’re looking for a position where you can utilize your existing skills and have an opportunity to travel locally to different K-12 educational facilities, this is a career opportunity for you! Our Service Assurance Engineers are the “firefighters” of our organization. They are called upon to provide a variety of services to our customers, including quick problem resolution on desktop/laptop hardware and associated peripherals.
Challenges and Results:
Our Field Service Engineers must have a strong technical background and good communication skills to deal effectively with our client base. One of the keys to your success will be your ability to listen carefully to the customer, understand the issues, and implement the right solution.
Actions and Results:
- Performs hardware and desktop troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common computer software and hardware problems.
- Repair, install, and upgrade computer hardware and software components as required.
- Ensures compliance with company technical and quality standards/procedures as well as the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
- Escalates problems within parameters.
- Develops and maintains client relationships and identifies opportunities to extend existing agreements.
- Maintains effective communication with internal Call Dispatchers and with customers.
- Completes required documentation for all Work Orders and provide updates in real-time.
- Work to completion.
- Required to be part of the on-call rotation for after-hours and weekend support.
- A+ Certification required
- Knowledge and ability to repair Chromebooks
- Knowledge and ability to support IPads
- Basic knowledge of laser printers
- Basic understanding of Server hardware and software
- Expert on desktop/laptop hardware and operating systems
- Working knowledge of networking essentials
- Working knowledge of Microsoft desktop applications
- Demonstrate the ability to develop or possess strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the ability to develop or possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to lift and carry up to 70 pounds
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers & internal staff
- Ability to travel daily between customer location
Apply to Position